Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Sensitive Sniffer

My hearing sucks.  My sense of smell, on the other hand, is superb.  Which is perfect, really, because in college I always used to say "Smell you later!", so it's very appropriate.

When our boys were babies, however, it wasn't that superb.  I could smell their stinky little butts from a mile away.  Which usually meant that I was the one to change them.

Also, once when we were in the woods of Maine, I smelled a forest fire that was happening in Canada.  True story.  Freaked me out.

These days, I'm smelling more than I should be smelling.  For example, when we are making coffee, it has started to smell like skunk to me.  And only me.  Not the best smell, and I have no idea when it started, but there you go.  Also, there are parts of my house that smell like a small animal has died, and I can't find the source of the smell no matter how hard I look.  I am the only one who smells it.  Which I suppose is a good thing for everyone else.

Just something I'm noticing lately.  That, and my hands are really dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment