Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hormones-O-Rama

My sweet boy.

TJ is my 12 year old with autism.  He has been going through a lot of changes lately.  First, he started using deodorant (triumphantly, might I add) which you can read about here.  Then yesterday he got a ginormous zit.  Not to get too graphic but Sean, dreamboat that he is, aided with the ceremonious first zit popping.  That's all I'm going to tell you about that.

Just now TJ and Peter finished watching a Simpson's episode where Bart leads an uprising against a bully.  At the end I said "TV off, screen time is over!"  TJ started to walk upstairs and said, quietly, "I've learned something about bullying, Mom.  Don't fight back and tell the principal."  Then his little mouth turned into a frown and he turned and went upstairs.

Well my stomach lurched as I went upstairs after him.  In my head I'm already half way to Mama-Bear mode ready to rip the arms off of the kid that bullied my sweet boy.  And that's half way Mama Bear!  Imagine me at full force!!!  Anyway, I sat down next to him on the bed and said, "Do you want to talk about anything?  You look like you wanted to cry."  BOOM - tears-o-rama.  Waterfalls.  He leaned into my shoulder as I asked if he felt bullied.

"No Mom, no one bullies me.  I'm just different.  I feel different.  I think I react to things differently."

"We all react to things our own way, buddy.  Everyone is different.  There is no right or wrong way to feel, sweetie.  Did anyone tell you that you are different than everyone else?"

"No.  I just in my heart feel jumbled."

How cute is that?

I asked, "Do you feel kind of all over the place?"

"Yes, Mom.  What is that?"

"I think it's hormones, buddy.  This happens when you turn into a teenager.  Sometimes you just feel sad and you don't know why."

"Can I have my iPad to draw Mom?"

"Um...no, no iPad, but I'll bring you some new white paper.  How does that sound?"

Then he started talking about Power Ranger MegaZords.

HOLY HORMONES.  WE ARE SCREWED.  RUN AWAY AND SAVE YOURSELVES - I'LL THROW MYSELF ON THE GRENADE!!!  FLEE!!!  GO GO GO!!!!!

On a different note, our fish Pee Wee that literally disappeared from our fish tank a month ago suddenly re-appeared out of the volcano.  The volcano that we had previously lifted, searched, removed, checked.....you get the idea.  Pee Wee is back.  We have no idea what happened.  Except that I think this proves my earlier theory that the fish tank volcano is a portal to another world.  But we may never know the truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment