Friday, November 30, 2012

Do as I say, not as I do (duh!)

The road was icy as hell on our lovely 9 degree commute to school this morning and when I heard the ambulance siren I pulled over like you're supposed to.  Thank god Sean had the studded snow tires put on yesterday because cars were spinning out on that road like it was a frickin' Disney teacup ride.

Anyway after the ambulance passed, I started to pull back out onto the road when a dickwad in a truck almost barrelled into my side and scared the crap out of me.

Me:  "STOP YOU JERK!  YOU WAIT FOR ME, YOU F'N AMBULANCE CHASER!!!"

Pete: (from the back seat) "Man, that was scary!  I almost flipped him the bird!"

Me:  (after a stunned silence) "Pete, you would have gotten into serious trouble if you had."

Pete:  "Well you said some bad stuff too...."

Me:  "When you're a grown up you can make your own decisions when you're the driver.  And I could have said a lot worse."

Pete:  "That's true."

I hid my smile the rest of the way to school.




No comments:

Post a Comment