Sunday, November 25, 2012

I'm still celebrating my birthday

Holy crap Thanksgiving is exhausting.  Wonderful but exhausting.  It was also my birthday.  I got a tape dispenser in the shape of a stiletto - love - and a ceramic chalice that says "it's good to be queen" - love - and a sweater - love - and a yummy robe - love.  The robe makes me look like I'm wrapped in cotton candy but who's going to see it besides Sean and the kids?  No one.  So cotton candy it is.

My Aunt and I were talking on Thanksgiving about my working - or not working - and she said "I think your job is to stay home and do what you're doing.  That's what you're meant to do." 

Brilliant. 

This whole time I've been wondering what I'm supposed to do with my life, it never occurred to me that maybe I'm doing it.  The day to day of running things around here.  Maintaining the house.  Caring for these boys.  Even writing this blog.  Maybe it's all just the way it should be.

And maybe it's not one thing that is permanent - maybe it's a fluid thing that changes constantly.  Right now, this is what I'm doing.  Who's to say what's going to happen down the road?

Something to think about.  I hope that there is something down the road that I'm a good fit for, because otherwise all that boarding school and college money was a waste.  Sorry Mom and Dad.

When I got home some of my girlfriends had planned a dinner to celebrate my birthday.  I'm telling you, if you have your birthday on Thanksgiving, it gets extended.  I've had like 4 birthday outings and lots of cake.  Not much better than that.

Also, Dreamboat Sean said that since I didn't get to pick my birthday dinner I get a do-over dinner night.  Who would pick turkey for their birthday dinner, anyway?  Those of you who answered "me", no offense, it's just not my #1 pick.  I have to think about what is - this takes thought and planning.  It also kinda extends the birthday thing a little longer.  That's certainly not a bad thing.

Come to think of it, I haven't worn my tiara yet either!  I'll have to do that on the birthday-dinner-do-over night.  Maybe I'll take a picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment