Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I didn't even freak out!

I'm writing this from 36,000 feet. I haven't been on a plane in 3 1/2 years when I flew to (1) Bogota, Colombia and (2) Nassau, Bahamas back to back. I'm on my way to San Francisco where my sister, Susan, is attending a conference. This trip is my early birthday gift from her. Hang time in a fabulous city with out the kids (no offense to the kids but you moms get it).

Here's the crazy thing about my current status of 36,000 feet - I'm not freaking out. For years I have been terrified of flying. And so far I've been calm as a cucumber (which I can't eat btw - seeds. Thanks a lot diverticulitis). No, I'm not drugged. I have no idea why I'm calm. I even took a picture from above the clouds for my boys - steady as can be. My only thought is that I'm so excited for this trip that even being flung in a tiny metal tube through the air isn't bothering me. Although actually saying that freaks me out a teeny tiny bit, so let's stop for now and just keep it at I'm doing awesome, thanks for asking.

PS: don't even get me started about the Skymall selections - I think I'm still traumatized from the combo dog bed/bedside table called the "Townhause". Seriously. It has a door. I can't even.

P.P.S. Here's what 36,000 feet above the ground looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment