Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This May Be My Most Random Post So Far

Have you seen those Lipton Iced Tea ads where people drink the tea, then turn translucent with lemon and lime slices floating around in them?  Creepy.

Anyway, on to my post.

I'm back doing Zumba again!  Or Bazoom, as I like to call it.  My whole life I feel like I've avoided exercise, and quite successfully, too.  I was athletic in middle school, and then it came to a grinding halt as I went a more creative direction with theatre and singing.

I avoided it so much that I did a play my senior year in high school that I originally did not want to do.  The deciding factor in my auditioning?  PE exemption for the semester.  No joke.

So the fact that doing bazoom has become so important to me I find to be astonishing.  Seriously.  My jaw is on the floor.  How often can you really surprise yourself like that?  Me, the queen of athletic avoidance, bazooming 4 times a week.

What I find to be amazing, really, is how I went all this time without some sort of physical release.  Dirty minds out of the gutter, please, you know what I'm talking about.  The past years have not been easy ones.  There has been a lot of wonderful, don't get me wrong, but there has been a lot of tough stuff, too.  And now that I'm exercising I don't know how I lived without it.

The past few weeks I have been a bear.  The difference?  No bazoom.

This week Hot Mama O Rama is back.  You got it....bazoom. 

Boy it really sounds dirty when I say "bazoom", doesn't it?  Or is that just the 50 shades of Lauren talking?

Anyway, my point is that for the first time, in my whole life really, I feel more balanced than I ever have.  And I know exercise has been a big part of it.

AND, when I go back to Bogota, Colombia, I will be able to dance at Andrea's Restaurant with the confidence that I'm not standing out like the rhythm-impared white girl I was the last time I was there!  BONUS!!!

OK - I'm off to ice my ankle.  Laters babies!  See, there's that 50 shades of Lauren again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment