Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mornings in the 802

I'm up at 5:45 to shower (or I'm not - sometimes I shower the night before, sometimes I wait 'til the kids are gone...).  I wake the boys up at 6:30.  Our house rule is downstairs by 7am if you want a coin (which is a poker chip, good for 10 minutes of Wii or computer time), and if you're not down by 7:10 you have a time out, which means no TV after school or before bed.

TJ typically earns his coins each morning.  Sometimes he doesn't.  Sometimes I go to get him up at 6:30 and he's lying in bed already dressed for the day with his teeth brushed, having woken up at 4 or 5 to do so.  You get the picture.

Peter, however, is another story.

Does everyone with 2 or more kids have 1 who resists doing anything on time?  Seriously - it's completely annoying.  I may have to invest in a cattle prod to get this kid up and moving.

6:30 - after I've woken them up - I do a countdown from 10 and after that they aren't allowed back in bed.

6:35 - me:  "Peter, get out of your bed!"

6:45 - me, to 2 boys lying on their floors in their underpants:  "15 minutes, guys, let's go!"  followed by grumbled "ok mom"s.

6:55 - me:  "Sean, will you remind them?  I'm convinced they can't hear my voice anymore."

6:58 - me:  "Two minutes!"  followed by an "AUGH!!!" from upstairs and the sound of elephants running to the bathroom.

7 - me:  "10 minutes 'til time out, Peter"
Peter:  "WHAT?  That is SO not fair mom!!!  You have GOT to be kidding me!!!"

I think I need more coffee.

The irony is that on weekends, they're both up at 6am, running around asking for pancakes.

It is SO not fair.



No comments:

Post a Comment