Thursday, March 12, 2015

Confession is Good for the Soul

I love my husband.

Sean is a hard worker and such a positive force in this world.  He is so organized (we're talking outlines of laptop, mouse, and keyboard on his desk at work organized - it's ok to laugh) that he even runs the finances for my mom, on top of running our finances and managing a department at work.

This is a man who deserves some fun.

Today Sean comes home from a week of snowboarding at Big Sky Montana.  He went with my sister's husband.  These two are like frick and frack.  The call each other "brother-from-another-mother".  Seriously.

They both work so hard, they deserve this week of play.

That's what I told myself, repeatedly, during this week.

This is the week where both our boys had their less-than-stellar moments.  Which led of my less-then-stellar moments.  Which led to multiple in-depth discussions working through our less-than-stellar moments, as we do with our child with autism, to promote further understanding of how and why people behave the way they do.

Have I mentioned that I love my husband?

We also had a team meeting with TJ's teachers.  These always stress me out (a fellow autism mom said maybe because of the trauma of that first diagnostic meeting where we were told that TJ has autism oh so long ago?  She is so onto something).  I don't like to go to these alone but will if I have to, of course.

So of course, I do not begrudge my husband his well deserved week of of snowboarding, which he LOVES to do.  LOVES.

So happy for him.  Really.

Sean comes home today.

Hallelujah.  I was thisclose to losing my biscuit.

There.  I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment