Monday, September 17, 2012

Shhhh....don't wake the hormones!

So apparently I'm pre-menopausal.

If you think this is an overshare, may I suggest you stop reading right now?  This is not the post for you.

You have been warned.

The beauty of this situation is that while I'm an unpredictable raging crazy lady with random emotional outbursts, both my boys are beginning this lovely journey called puberty.  Peter is almost 11 and TJ is 12.

I described it to Peter as his "hormones are just waking up."  Along the same lines, mine are going to sleep, kicking and screaming.

I tried to describe this to Peter.

Me:  "You know how when it's bedtime, you hate to go to bed?"

Pete:  "Yes..."

Me:  "And you know how at bedtime, you keep calling out, and coming downstairs, and doing whatever you can to just not go to sleep, and you sometimes get angry and upset?"

Pete:  "Yes....."

Me:  "Well if your hormones are just waking up, mine are fighting going to bed, just like you do."

pause.....

Me:  "Does that make sense?"

Pete:  "Yes."

Me: "What do you think?"

Pete:  "I think we're in trouble."

Me too, Pete.  Well, technically, WE aren't in trouble.  Poor Sean, however, that's another story.

AND, I ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's for lunch today.  Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment