Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's possible I watch too much TV

Last night Sean went to play poker with the guys. I said, in front of the boys, "Poker? I don't even know her!" Not my best parenting moment, but it was funny, in my humble opinion.

Anyway about 10 minutes after he left I texted him asking if he remembered his house keys. After a while he texted me back "no - leave the back door open for me, OK?"

Um.....NO. NOT OK AT ALL.

Doesn't this guy watch Criminal Minds? Doesn't he know that this is the way the show begins, with an unsuspecting fabulous woman filled with trust keeping the back door unlocked for her poker playing husband in any town USA while the innocent but doomed children quietly sleep upstairs? Then a masked - or sometimes unmasked - psychopath comes in the back door and the fabulous woman and her kids are done for. EVERYONE knows this! What was he thinking?!?!

Just so you all understand that I'm not a selfish diva, I said to Sean "not ideal but OK" (I may or may not have added a mad face emoticon so there was no confusion about my true feelings). I unlocked the back door, turned on every light on the first floor, and went upstairs.

Now this was a test for our dog, Sam. He stayed downstairs while I did the cleanse-tone-moisturize routine in a desperate attempt to ward off wrinkles. Then I got in bed and watched anything OTHER than police shows. I was really tired but I knew better than to close my eyes. What am I, stupid?

When I heard a car in the driveway hours later, I was anticipating the mighty bark of Sam the wonder dog as he protected his family from evil intruders.

Never happened. Test failed.

We'll keep him anyway - he's pretty cute. That goes for both Sam AND Sean.

No comments:

Post a Comment