Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Placenta Song

There is a song in my Zumba class called  "The Placenta Song".

It's not really called "The Placenta Song", but that's what I call it.  In the middle of the song, the lyrics go "something something placenta".  I swear.  It could be "left of center" but I really don't think so.  

Which makes me think of other songs where lyrics may or may not be sung correctly, but who cares because it's funny.  When my mom used to sing along with "Flashdance: What a Feeling" on the radio circa '82, she would sing "take your pants down and make it happen".

See?  Funny, right?  Especially if you know my mom.

I remember another friend singing "Dirty jeans, dungarees" instead of "Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap".  Her version is much better.  Another friend sang "She know just what it takes to make a pro-blem" in "Bette Davis Eyes".  Love that - much funnier.  

I'm thinking we should sing our own lyrics loud and proud - and watch people's reactions around us.  Good sociological study, right?

I think I need a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment