Friday, June 8, 2012

The Cleanest Colon in All the Land

I hope hope hope that bad things happen in 3s - that would mean that this is IT. I mean, seriously! First the trip and fall concussion in November - that was awesome. Then the trip and fall ankle sprain - stellar. Now, after a long night in the ER, I'm in bed in pain from Diverticulitis.

You heard me.

It started a few days ago with a rumbling in my belly. I figured it was gas. Real women admit their gas - side note. So yesterday morning it was a little worse, but that didn't keep me away from breakfast with the ladies. Bacon on a Thursday is a good thing. So after breakfast my lower left abdomen was painful to the touch. Hours later as it got worse, I paged Sean at work to come home and take me to the ER following my doctor's advice.

We made it a family affair. How crowded would the ER be at 4 on a Thursday, anyway?

Famous last words.

On the plus side, watching TJ play with the little kid toys in the waiting room was great. He was having a blast. Other people were looking at him with strange faces but he didn't let that bother him - he played away and was as cute as can be. I smiled the whole time watching him. Peter, the rock star, and I drew pictures for each other and had to guess what the other person drew. My boys are simply the best.

Anyway, 3 hours later after Sean had taken the boys out for burgers I finally got called. I got hooked up to an IV and given morphine after the pain made me cry. That's when the boys came in to see me. Poor guys started crying, saying "don't die, Mom!" and "let's bust her out of here!". Sean and I thought it best that he take them home.

So after ultrasound, waiting, CT scan, waiting, Jay Leno, Jimmy Fallon and a 1:30 am episode of Friends, they told me I have Diverticulitis. A mild to moderate case. Look it up. I'm just thrilled I didn't need surgery.

So finally, at 2:30 am, Sean and the boys came to pick me up and bring me home. Hallelujah.

I'm resting and taking antibiotics and pain meds, and am out of commission for a few days. Yuk yuk yukky. Not happy. But it could have been worse.

As for my squeaky clean colon, you didn't think I was going into detail about THAT, did you?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment