Friday, January 17, 2014

2 1/2 Years and the Ugliest Shoes Ever

My 2 1/2 year mark of sobriety has come and gone with no fanfare, as I didn't realize it until it had passed.  I think that's fantastic, personally, because it means I'm not so focused on it that it is front and center on my mind.  So yay me. 

Side note, lately I am obsessed with Green Apple Poland Spring Seltzer.  So, so good.

For the first two years of my doing this no drinking thing, I did it all wrong.  I was so concerned with remaining "normal" on the outside that on the inside I was anything but.  This is not any one's fault but my own, however it did effect the way I acted with my friends.  I even bought wine to have at my house when I hosted a ladies night!  How crazy/stupid is that???  I was worried that no one would come if I didn't have any booze.  Well, those days are over.  I've been doing a lot of work on this and am now getting my validation from myself rather than from others.  Which is a good thing because I always have a nice thing to say about myself to myself, which is as it should be, don't you think?

"Lauren, you look awfully cute today, and by the way, keep up the good work on the no booze thing!  You're so much fun to be with without the slurring!"

"Gee, thanks, Lauren!  You are so nice to say so!  And might I add that you have lovely taste in perfume?  You smell faboo!"

Why did it take me so long to figure this out?!?!  Eh, no bother - at least I have it figured out now.

So anyway, my friend Jenn and I are obsessed with these shoes:

 

A local boutique had them - LOTS of pairs of them - in their sale section and they were still over $100.  So there's no way.  But they are SO UGLY that they are fantastic and we promised each other that if one of us won the lottery we would rush out and buy these shoes IMMEDIATELY for the other. 

Aren't they awful/fabulous???  Can you see why we are obsessed?  If any of you see them for less than $100 please buy them for me, I'm a size 10.  I'll be your best friend, I swear.



No comments:

Post a Comment