Sunday, May 12, 2013

I DO have a job!!!

Today is Mother's Day, which in my house is a sacred day of tiara wearing, extra relaxing, and no holds barred hugs that the boys are not allowed to refuse.  My rules are clear.  

I also like to take a picture of me with my boys, so I can see how they have grown. This is this year's picture, which made my jaw drop:


When did my boys get so big?!?!  When did their youthful childish grins turn into the confident smiles of young men?  And how did I get so lucky?

A year ago, I left my job (that I loved) because I was giving the best of myself to other people's children.  I had no energy left for my own.  And since then I have been saying - and even calling this blog - "I don't have a job". 

Not true.  Not even close to true.

I am so fortunate to have the most amazing job in the world.  I am a Mom.  I am a wife.  I am a daughter and a sister and a cousin and a niece and a really good friend.  

And I really, really love all my jobs.  

Yes, I have some tough stuff in my life.  But who doesn't?  Everyone has something.  But I have wonderful people on my team.

Thanks, you faboo co-workers.

Am I lucky or what?  

No comments:

Post a Comment