Wednesday, October 21, 2015

You're Gonna Hear Me Roar!

I was in my zumba class yesterday - a class I don't usually take, and am not familiar with the music.

TJ's science teacher, from last year, was there too - side note.  Love her.

Anyway, Katy Perry's "Roar" came on, and when the song was done I said to TJ's faboo science teacher, "That is TJ's victory song!"

The funny thing is, I didn't even realize that TJ HAD a victory song until I said it out loud.

But let's think about it - I've always been a musical person.  And every time TJ succeeds at something, or hits a milestone, or accomplishes something that he had been struggling with, that is the song that sums up how it feels for me.

Keep in mind, this isn't HIS victory song for him.  This is MY victory song for him.

I think it's something that I have this song symbolizing his success, like a soundtrack of his life.  I think that as time goes by, I will have more songs in mind that add to his soundtrack.  That's just how my mind works, I guess.

And Peter has a song, too.  Katy Perry's "Firework".  What is it with me and Katy Perry?

I think I'll tell these guys that I have victory songs for them when they get home from school....I can't wait to see the look on their faces.  Another "oh god our mom is nuts" expressions.

And I love every second of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment